Town of North Greenbush News
It’s been a busy month here in North Greenbush. Supervisor Joe Bott would like to thank the Memorial Day Parade Committee for their work for the largest celebration in history to honor our deceased service men and women. Special thanks to Deputy Supervisor Kelly Hoffman, Councilwoman Jessica Merola and Kathy Allen for their efforts in organizing the parade. Thank you to all of our veterans who participated, the community groups, bands, emergency services personnel and especially our police department who assisted in keeping the parade route moving and safe.
The morning ceremonies were a solemn reminder of the number of service members who paid the ultimate sacrifice. Thank you to members of the American Legion and Clerk Janice Kerwin. A reminder our Summer Concert Series starts Sunday, June 26th at 6pm behind town with “Harmony Rocks”. At the recent town board meeting, summer camp staff were approved as we begin what will be a wonderful experience for our campers.
The board approved the installation of two electric vehicle charging stations behind town hall. This will also assist the town in getting closer to Bronze Status for our climate smart designation, headed by Councilwoman Merola. We are looking for a laborer in the water department; please visit our website if interested.
The Route 4 traffic improvement project is almost complete. The Route 43 water project will resume in the upcoming weeks, pending delivery of water pipe delivery. A friendly reminder to watch for our trucks as our highway crews are out performing work this summer.
As always, please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions about news happening in our town.
Councilman Jack Rogers Reports to the Town of North Greenbush
The Summer Concert Series will start June 26th @ 6pm and continue every Sunday through August 14th depending on the weather.
The Town of North Greenbush is seeking a candidate for a Utilities Laborer. The Town is accepting letters of interest and resumes for this full-time position.
The Route 4 Project is anticipated to be completed by July 4th and the Route 43 water project will be restarted soon.
The Town Board approved a resolution to purchase and install two Electric Vehicle Charging stations at Town Hall.
A resolution was passed appointing summer staff for the 2022 summer season.
The Town Board passed a resolution to establish the Sliters Lane water district.
Congratulations to all the graduates on your graduation and best wishes for your next adventure.
Check out the town website for information, announcements, and town board meeting minutes at townofng.com or contact me at email@example.com. I also post information on my Facebook page Councilman Jack Rogers. You can attend meetings in person or live stream at https://townhallstreams.com/towns/northgreenbush.
Get involved and informed about what is happening in the Town of North Greenbush.
Next Town Meetings are:
•Planning Board 6/27/22 at 6:30PM
•Zoning Board 7/13/22 at 6:30PM
•Town Board 7/14/22 at 7:00PM
Happy Father’s Day,
Councilman Jack Rogers
Office of Schodack Tax Receiver
Looking for a part time job? I have an opening for the Deputy Receiver of Taxes.
I am looking for someone who is customer oriented. Good math and organizational skills with attention to details and accuracy with numbers. Must be able to work and complete tasks on your own.
Accounting/bookkeeping and adding machine experience are beneficial. Computer with MS Word knowledge needed.
Hours monthly are determined by tax collection schedules. Starting pay is $18 hour.
Please call me at 518-477-7935 and leave a message and I will contact you to set up a meeting.
Receiver of Taxes Town of Schodack
Sand Lake News from Barbara Hansen, Town Clerk
1. A Rabies Clinic is scheduled for June 25 at Troy Department of Public Works Central Garage, 40 Orr Street, Troy, NY 12180. You must register in advance. There is a link to register is on the Town’s website or call Rensco Health Department at 518-270-2643 for assistance.
2. NYS has instituted a Paint Recycling Program as of May 1st. Sand Lake residents can bring leftover paint in covered paint cans to the Convenience Facility on Chamberlin Hill Road. No permit is required. The program is being funded by a surcharge added to the purchase of paint.
3. We are not issuing Beach passes yet. Councilman Gendron is in the processing of hiring lifeguards and beach aides and will have an opening date and hours as soon as this is completed.
4. Town Hall will be closed Monday June 20th in observance of Juneteenth, and Monday July 4th to celebrate Independence Day.
5. NYS DEC has designated June 25 & 26, September 24 and November 11 as free fishing days, no license required.
6. Music in the Park will kick off its 2022 season at Butler Park starting with Whiskey Highway on July 7th. Concerts will be every Thursday from July 7 – August 25. Music starts at 6:30, come early to get a good seat. There will be a variety of food trucks each week. Parking will be at the High School and Bus Garage.
As always for more information, check out the Town’s website at: townofsandlake.us or call my office 518-674-2026 Ext. 122 with any questions.