The Women’s Golf Association of Winding Brook held a “Blind Partner” Tournament on July 24 at Winding Brook.
The team of Pat Stephanson and Paula Sancomb took first place with a net 64. In second place with a net 65 was the team of Karen Casey and Mary Kay Longo.
Karen Casey won the chip in contest with a chip in on Hole #17.
South Troy Pop Warner Registrations
South Troy Pop Warner will be holding registrations for all interested players and cheerleaders throughout the Troy City School District, as well as Gardner Dickenson, Troy Prep, St. Jude’s and Sacred Heart Schools for the 2019 Pop Warner Season: Registrations will be held on July 25th and 26th from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the South Troy Pop Warner building, Thompson Street in Troy (Geer Field), and also July 27th from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
NOTE: All interested players and cheerleaders must be between the ages of 5 and 12. (You must turn 5 on or before July 31st.) Our organization consist of the following teams: Flag (5, 6 & 7 year olds); Mitey Mites, Jr. Pee Wee and Pee Wee. Capital District Pop Warner now has Traditional (age/weight schematic) and NEW Age Based only.
The following items (1-5) are required at the time of registration:
1. $125.00 Registration Fee – non-refundable;
2. COPY of Birth Certificate;
3. Recent Photo (wallet size);
4. Parent or guardian to sign the registration form;
5. Copy of June 2019 Report Card (including all marking periods);
6. Medical Release (needed by 8/1/19). *NOTE: Release must be dated AFTER January 1, 2019 (can use the Pop Warner form or obtain a note from your physician, must be on letterhead, stating your child is eligible to participate.
If you are interested in coaching (flag, tackle or cheer) please contact
Dan Martuscello at 274-8674 or Judi Byrnes 274-7165.
Register for the 34th Annual Run for the Roses 5K Race in Grafton
Registration is open for the 34th Annual Run for the Roses 5K Foot Race on Sunday, August 11 at Grafton Lakes State Park. The event benefits Grafton Community Library, and includes a 2.5 Mile Nature Walk and Kids’ 1 Mile Fun Run in addition to the USATF sanctioned 5K race.
Register online at www.finishright.com.Download application and find more information at www.graftoncommunitylibrary.org. Pre-registration deadline for reduced entry fee is August 5. The Nature Walk steps off at 8 a.m., $15, day of race $20. The 5K starts at 9 a.m., $25, day of race $30. Fun Run starts at 10 a.m., $10 either early or day of race. All participants receive a tee-shirt, free book and a rose. Race applications are also available at Grafton Lakes State Park Office, phone 518 279-1155, and at the Grafton Community Library at 2455 NY Route 2.
Sand Lake Town Beach open
The Sand Lake Town Beach opened on Saturday, June 29, 2019. Hours are from 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM every day. The cost for residents is free. Passes can only be issued at the Town Clerk’s office during regular hours. Non-residents may not use the beach. For more information, please contact the Town Clerk’s Office at 518-674-2026 ext. 122.
Fall Sports First Day Practice Schedule JV/Varsity
– Monday, Aug. 19 th Boys & Girls Cross Country – 8:00-10:00 (Butler Park) Boys Golf – 8:00-11:00 (Burden Lake Country Club) Girls Volleyball – 8:00-11:00 (APHS) Girls Soccer – 8:00-12:30 (APHS) Boys Soccer – 9:00-11:00 & 3:00-5:00 (APHS) Girls Tennis – 9:00-12:00 (APHS) Football – 2:00-6:00 (APHS) Cheerleading – 3:00-5:00 (APHS) Modified – Thursday, Aug. 22 nd Football – 6:00-8:00 (AMS) Modified – Monday, Aug. 26 th Boys Soccer – 8:00-10:00 (AMS) Girls Volleyball – 8:00-10:00 (AMS) Boys & Girls Cross Country – 10:00-11:30 (APHS) Girls Soccer – 12:00-2:00 (APHS)• Fall sports registration will be open on the FamilyID site from July 22nd through August 5 th . Please complete your child’s registration as soon as possible. If your child is not registered by the deadline then your child will NOT be able to try out. All current health physical paperwork that is valid for the entire upcoming season (physicals are good for a period of 12 months) and any medication orders need to be submitted by August 5 th as well. Forms for both are available on the FamilyID site. Student-athletes should have their physical performed by their primary care provider. If this is not possible please contact the APHS or AMS Health Office. https://www.familyid.com/averill-park-central-school-district-athletic-department Please contact Mrs. Miller (email@example.com) at APHS or Mrs. Lanoue (firstname.lastname@example.org) at AMS with any health related questions. • Meet the Coaches Night for all modified, junior varsity, and varsity student-athletes and parents/guardians will take place on Monday, August 26 th at 6:30 in the APHS auditorium.
Greenbush Soccer Club- Fall Rec 2019 Registration is OPEN!
We offer the following divisions: Preschool (age 3 and 4), Kindergarten, 1st grade,2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th/5th grade, 6th/7th grade, 8th/9th grade.
Players living in the school district of East Greenbush, Schodack, and Rensselaer are welcome to join.
The season is 8 games playing Saturday’s September 7th 2019-October 26th 2019.
All players are required to wear shin guards.
Volunteers are needed for head coach and asst coach.
Any questions please email email@example.com
Registration is online greenbushsoccer.org
Town of East Greenbush Adult Bocce
Bocce players meet in Onderdonk Park on Hampton Avenue at 5:45 PM each Thursday evening throughout the Spring and Summer.
The group is currently seeking more players. This is not a competitive league and it is a lot of fun with great people! Stop by any Thursday to see what’s it all about.
Any weather cancellations will be posted on the Town’s website and sent as a Nixle alert on the Town’s alert system. For questions call 518-477-4194.
Burden Lake CC Ladies
Week of July 3rd: Team Squazzo (9pts) beat Team Bryce (7pts) and Team Team Hammond (8.5pts) beat Team DiIorio (7.5pts). Low net scores were Betty Ann Whitbeck (31), Myra Johnson (33) and Betty Cushing (34).
Week of July 10th: Team Bryce (10.5pts) beat Team Hammond (7.5pts) and Team Squazzo (9pts) tied with Team DiIorio (9pts). Low net scores were Peg Squazzo (31), Chris Brown (31) and Sue Mooradian (33).
League standings as of 7/10/19: 1st Place Team Squazzo (112.5pts); 2nd Place Team Hammond (111pts); 3rd place Team Bryce (102pts); 4th place Team DiIorio (97.5pts).