Kinderhook Creek Preserve, Nassau – Parking Updates
NASSAU – Over Mother’s Day weekend, Rensselaer Land Trust expanded their Kinderhook Creek Preserve’s parking lot to better serve the community. The land trust would like to remind the public that parking along Martha Hicks Road is prohibited. The road must be clear to leave adequate room for emergency vehicles to pass by. The land trust has placed cones and no parking signs along the roadside to deter cars from parking outside of the parking lot. Once construction is completed they expect there will be about 18 parking spaces available for visitors.
The land trust is urging the public to please stop roadside parking – or overcrowding during the COVID-19 pandemic – if parking is observed on the road they will have no choice but to close the Kinderhook Creek Preserve. The want to avoid shutting down this important community resource and ask the the public to adhere to the following guidelines:
– Maintain a safe social distance during the pandemic.
– Park only in the Kinderhook Creek Preserve parking lot.
– Observe all no parking signs.
– When the the parking lot is full, please do not park along the road.
– If you cannot find a parking space, please come back another time – or visit another nature preserve nearby. Their Robert Ingalls Preserve is just 3 1/2 miles away on Garfield Nassau Road
– Check out other natural areas in the county –– a full list can be found at www.renstrust.org
Thank you for helping us keep the nature preserves open in our county during the pandemic.
––Rensselaer Land Trust