East Greenbush Fire Company Fish and Chips Nights are back
EAST GREENBUSH – The 2020 East Greenbush Fire Company Friday night Fish and Chips Nights are back with curbside take out only, after a pause to slow the pandemic. We will be serving Friday, June 12, from 4:30 – 7:30.
Featuring fresh fried haddock fillets, deep fried clam strips, and grilled hot dogs, each served on a bun with French fries and homemade Cole slaw. Sweet potato fries, cheddar fries, chicken nuggets, and chowder are also available. Visit our web page (eastgreenbushfire.com) or on Facebook for the full menu.
Banquet Hall is located at 68 Phillips Road in East Greenbush.
Thank you for supporting us during these challenging times. To protect everyone, we ask you to help us limit contact as much as possible.
• All orders will be taken over the phones, starting at noon on each Friday, (518) 477-6503 or (518) 479-4168. Please be patient and try again later if the line is busy taking someone else’s order.
• The order taker will ask for a name, time of pick up, take your order, let us know quantity of tarter and cocktail sauce, take payment information, and give you the order number.
• Everyone is asked to pay by credit card; checks will be accepted at time of order pick up.
• Please arrive at the time requested when placing your order. We try very hard to have the food hot when it leaves the firehouse, but cannot be responsible if you arrive late.
• Drivers are requested to stay in their vehicle when picking up orders and to wear a mask whenever talking to our crew.
• Signs will direct customer traffic one-way around the firehouse. The first person to greet you will ask your name and time of pick up. They will collect checks if needed.
• Follow traffic control signs and directions around the firehouse.
• Your order will be brought to your car by a delivery person. After verifying your name, they will set down the order in your vehicle.
• Follow the signs to leave the parking lot.
Thank you for supporting your first responders.
Latham-Colonie Knights of Columbus Spaghetti & Meatball Dinner
LATHAM – Take Out Only! Saturday, June 13th, 2020. Serving from 4 PM to 6:30 PM. The menu includes; Tossed Salad, Italian Bread, Spaghetti and Meatballs and Dessert $12. Call or Text 518-892-3750 to place your order, please include pick up time! 328 Troy-Schenectady Road, Latham, NY.
Glendora Vegeterian Club
Folks, I want to tell you about Joseph Cronin. He is a longtime viewer of A Chat with Glendora from his home in Long Island. We used to talk an hour at a time by phone. Sixty years ago Joe offered himself to the USA as a soldier. Fortunately he made it back home safely, and then a long time passed without Glendora hearing from him. Finally she learned that he had fallen ill on his apartment floor; after that he never regained his ability to walk, even after spending much time in Babylon Veterans’ Home. His only hope was physical therapy. Eventually he was transferred to the Veterans’ Home in Stoneybrook where it is hoped that advanced physical therapy will help him walk again.
In March, 2020, sixty people from the Stoneybrook facility contracted coronavirus. Forty residents died. Joe was a victim of the virus who became very ill but survived. He is doing very well today, and he looks forward to resuming his therapy sessions. Glendora calls him frequently and tells him jokes which he finds to be very therapeutic!