St. Mary’s Church, Nassau Meets to Plan Reopening of the Church
NASSAU – Fr. Thomas Holmes and Father John Close met with a small group of parishioners on Thursday, May 28, to begin planning for the church’s reopening and discussed the requirements that would have to be satisfied and presented in a plan, to both the Diocese and New York State, before getting approval to resume Sunday Mass The opening of the church is scheduled for phase 4.
• Greeters to take trace info (each person in the congregation must identify him/herself). We will use a parish list and anyone not on that list will fill out a separate sheet and keep the writing instrument to limit the spread of the infection.
• Ushers will help to seat the people, as they come in. Seating will be as you arrive. Families living in the same household can sit together. Everyone else must observe 6 ft. social distancing.
• Cleaners. We estimate that we will need four teams of three. These cleaners will be responsible for sanitizing the worship areas before and after each Mass. Gloves will be provided.
The bottom line is that this will not be an easy task, but it is certainly doable. Please consider helping us out by volunteering for one of the three categories listed above.
If you wish to volunteer, you can e-mail Frances Fairweather at email@example.com or Father John at firstname.lastname@example.org
For those of you who do not have e-mail, just call 518-766-2701, press #3, and leave your name and phone number.
Sunday Services Are Back At Church of the Redeemer
RENSSELAER – Sunday services return at 8:00 and 9:30. Guidelines from the diocese include using hand sanitizer and wearing face masks which cover both the nose and the mouth. These items are available at the church. The church is marked for 6 ft. social distancing. Hugs and handshakes are not allowed. Communion will be offered only by host.
There will be no Coffee hour until further notice.
The Church of the Redeemer is located in Rensselaer at the corner of Third and Catherine Streets.
Bible Study continues on Zoom on Thursday at 3 pm. If you would like to participate in this group, email Fr. Robert Haskell at email@example.com for instructions on how to join. When you get an invitation, tap on the link. The Meeting ID number will be printed in the invitation.
Please continue calling your family, friends, and neighbors to let them know you are thinking of them.
Brunswick Cares Food Pantry Services
TROY – Brunswick Cares Food Pantry will continue to operate Tuesday 5-7pm and Saturday 9-11am with a ‘drive-up’ pre-packaged service. Social distancing rules apply:
1. Stay in car if another guest is at the door
2. Please only come to the bottom of the steps and maintain at least 6 feet and we will take your order
3. Please wait in your car and we will bring your order to you.
You can check our webpage for updates at https/brunswickcares.org
God Makes House Calls
WEST SAND LAKE – The community of Salem Church is learning new ways to seek God’s presence and guidance. All are welcome. Visit Salem’s website, http://wslsumc.wordpress.com/ and Like our Facebook Page, http://www.facebook.com/SalemChurchWestSandLake. Or, call (518) 674-3106 for information. Pastor Charlie’s live Sunday message is available at 10am Sundays, or view it anytime. Pastor Charlie is available by telephone or text, his cell number is (516) 462-4050. Let us pray for the sick, for all workers, for justice, and for each other.