Mother’s Day Concert
A Mother’s Day Concert of bluegrass gospel music featuring local bluegrass band Jericho Road will be held at the Brunswick Church (The White Church), 42 White Church Lane, Troy, on Sunday Evening, May 12, 2019, from 6:30 – 8 PM. This concert is open to the public at no charge and all are welcome.
Troy Senior Center Upcoming Events
19 Third Street, Troy, New York 12180
LaVena Futia, Director • 518-270-5348
- GYM: Come join our Gym! Stay active, build strength! Open Monday-Friday 8:30-2:45. Free to all seniors 60+
- LINE DANCING: Join our Uncle Sam Sparklers!!! Looking for more Line Dancers to join our class! It’s a fun way to keep active!
- BILLIARDS: Come shoot pool in our pool room, Monday-Friday, from 8:30-3:00; looking for members to play in Pool Tournaments every Monday at 10:30.
- CRAFTS: Every Tuesday at 10:30.
- DART LEAGUE: Join us on Fridays at 10:30 on the second floor.
- CHAIR YOGA: Mondays at 9:30 followed by Aerobics.
- REIKI: Twice a month at 9:00- Must sign up ahead of time.
- GAME DAY: Mondays, starting at 10:00 a.m. Ping Pong, Darts, Yahtzee, Chromino, Card Games! Come join the fun! Followed by a delicious, nutritious lunch and then BINGO!
- WHEEL OF FORTUNE: Tuesday, May 7th, at 11:00
- SHARE LUNCHEON: Thursday, May 9th, at Franklin Terrace
- BIRTHDAY PARTY: Thursday, May 23rd, following lunch. Celebrating April, May and June Birthdays!
- GIVING PROJECTS: Come volunteer for “giving” projects with us! We are doing several projects for the Month of May. We need your help to meet our deadline! Giving Projects sponsored by County Legislator Leon Fiacco and Michael O’Brien of H&L Insurance.
- DINNER & SHOW: Thursday, June 6th, at 4:00 p.m. Secret Show by the AVERILL PARK OFF BROADWAY PLAYERS… dinner served promptly following the show! Call 518-270-5348 for more info or reservations.
Please call with any questions! We look forward to you joining us!
*Please visit our Boutique. It’s open Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 10-2p.m. Next to new clothing for men and women, jewelry and household items. We also accept donations of gently used items.
Rensselaer Co. Board of Director’s Meeting
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Rensselaer County will hold their Board of Director’s Meeting on Mon., May 20, 2019 at 7:00 pm in the Education Room of their offices located at 61 State St., Troy, NY 12180. Phone 518-272-4210.
Brunswick Senior Ways Group
Brunswick Senior Ways Group are going to visit the Amish in PA on June 23rd, 24th & 25th, 2019.
$150 deposit is due at registration. Send payment to Diane Hynes, 2017 Piney Point Rd, Troy, 12180. (518) 279-3589. Cost for dbl. pp/ $379. Includes 2 nights hotel, 2 breakfast, 2 dinners, 1 lunch & the show “Jesus”.
4-H Junior Chefs Program
The Cornell Cooperative Extension of Rensselaer County 4-H Youth Development program recently completed a four- week cooking program for youth. This session had an international theme and the youth prepared food items from Mexico, Ireland, Africa and Italy. They also learned about some food customs from those countries.
The next 4-H Junior Chefs program will begin on Wednesday, May 8th. This session will meet on May 8, 15, 22, and 29 from 6:00pm to 8:00pm. This program is for youth eight years and older who like to cook, and for those who would like to learn how to cook. This session will concentrate on baking a variety of food items. The 4-H Junior Chefs will meet at the CCE office, located at 61 State St., Troy on the second floor. There is a $25.00 registration fee for 4-H members and $30.00 for non-members. Pre-registration is required, and registration will be limited. To register a youth, or for more information, please contact Eileen DePaula at 518-272-4210 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Garage Sale
Third Presbyterian Church (115 Winter Street, Troy) will be hosting a Community Garage Sale on June 1st from 9-2. So, as you do your spring cleaning, save the treasures you no longer need and plan to join us on the 1st. There is no cost to participate. Just bring a table and your treasures to sell.
Food and beverages will be available throughout the day. There is no charge for the food, but donations will be accepted and used to provide backpacks and school supplies for families in need in our community.
To reserve a space, or to get more information, please call the church office at 518-283-2420.
On Sun., May 5, 2019, the Brunswick Grange will hold their Annual Spring Agricultural Tailgate Sale at the Schaghticoke Fairgrounds, Rt. 67 & 40, Schaghticoke, NY, from 8:00 am-12:30 pm.
More than 50 vendors will have various varieties of chickens, ducks, geese, pigeons, veggies, plants and other agricultural items. Absolutely no dogs, cats, puppies or kittens will be allowed for sale.
A donation of $15/vendor will be charged at the gate. Spectators free. Event will be held rain or shine. For more information, please call 518-279-9113.
Ilium Literary Club of Troy monthly meeting
The Ilium Literary Club of Troy will hold its monthly meeting at 2 PM on Friday, 5/3/19, at the Troy Masonic Community Center, 39 Brunswick Rd, Troy.
Our guest speaker will be Rosemary Nichols, author of “Building the Erie Canal, Murder in Rome”.
Guests are welcome to attend.