Troy Irish Genealogy Society’s Look-Up Day at the Lansingburgh Library
The Troy Irish Genealogy Society will be at the Lansingburgh Branch of the Troy Public Library on Saturday, March 23rd, from 1PM – 4PM for a Look-Up Day.
Have you noticed those Ancestry TV ads and wondered about your own family history, but you’re not sure how to get started? Are you curious about what ship your immigrant grandparents came on or when they arrived in the US? Members of the Troy Irish Genealogy Society (TIGS) will be at the library to perform online look-ups to help you out.
You do NOT have to have Irish ancestors! Bring any information you already have along with your questions. We’ll do our best to find the answers, which can sometimes be surprising. It’s fun and it’s free.
This program is free and open to the public. Call the library at 518-235-5310 to reserve your 45-minute consultation spot. The Troy Public Library’s Lansingburgh Branch is located at 27 114th Street, Troy, New York.
Hope 7 Community Center 2019 Ultimate Shopping Trip to Pennsylvania
Friday, Nov 1 – Sunday, November 3, 2019
Call up a friend or family member and ask them to join you on the ultimate shopping trip to Pennsylvania this November! Friday, Nov 1st, the bus leaves at 6:15am from Dick’s Sporting Goods, Latham Farms and makes stops at The Shoppes at American Candle in Bartonsville, Kitchen Kettle Village in Intercourse, Bird-in-Hand Farmers Market in Bird in Hand, and your final stop will be Comfort Inn Lancaster – Rockvale Outlet. You’re on your own Friday night to do more shopping & have dinner. Saturday includes a complimentary breakfast at the hotel and more time at The Shops at Rockvale before you have the option to head out to Tanger Outlets and/or Kozier’s Christmas Village in Bernville (additional cost). Sunday also begins with a complimentary breakfast at the hotel before the bus leaves at 9am for Philadelphia Premium Outlets in Pottstown and arriving back in Latham at 9pm.
Cost per person (based on room occupancy) – Double: $225/person, Triple: $185/person, or Quad $165/person. The fee includes bus, hotel, and driver’s tip. Reserve your spot with a $75 deposit by April 30. Final Payment due by Sept 2nd. One bus only. First come basis. No refunds.
Send payment to Hope 7 Community Center, ATTN: Michelle Houser, 596 Pawling Ave, Troy, NY 12180. For more information, please contact Michelle at 518-590-6781 or email@example.com.
Ilium Literary Club of Troy resumes monthly meetings
The Ilium Literary Club of Troy will resume its 2019 monthly meetings at the Troy Masonic Community Center, 39 Brunswick Rd, Troy on Friday, April 5th, at 2 pm. Our guest speaker will be Jill Witbeck Knapp, author of “A Time for Redemption”.
The Executive Board of the Ilium will also meet on April 5th at 1:30 pm.
On May 3rd, we will welcome Rosemary Nichols, author of “Building the Erie Canal, Murder in Rome”.
Our 96th Annual Meeting & Luncheon will be held at the Troy Country Club on Friday, June 7th. Our entertainment will be singers from the Sweet Adelines International Award- Winning Chorus – Capitaland Chorus. Reservation information for the luncheon will be forthcoming. Guests are welcome to attend.
Troy Senior Center Upcoming Events…
19 Third Street, Troy, New York 12180
LaVena Futia, Director 518-270-5348
* GYM: Come join our Gym! Stay active, build strength! Open Monday-Friday 8:30-2:45. Free to all seniors 60+
* LINE DANCING: Join our Uncle Sam Sparklers!!! Looking for more Line Dancers to join our class! It’s a fun way to keep active!
* BILLIARDS: Come shoot pool in our pool room Monday-Friday from 8:30-3:00 looking for members to play in Pool Tournaments every Monday @10:30.
* CRAFTS: Every Tuesday @10:30. March (glass treat or tissue jars)
* DART LEAGUE: Join us on Fridays at 10:30 on the second floor.
* CHAIR YOGA: Mondays at 9:30 followed by Aerobics.
* REIKI: Every other Wednesday- at 9:00 -Must sign up ahead of time.
* WHEEL OF FORTUNE: Back by Popular Demand! Thursday, March 28th at 11:00!!
* NYS MUSEUM: Tuesday, March 19th
* ICE CREAM SOCIAL: Wednesday, March 20th, Sponsored by United HealthCare
* WHEEL OF FORTUNE: Thursday, March 28th at 11:00
* MONDAYS IN MARCH COMEDY HOUR: Join us on Mondays at 10:30 a.m. for a Stand-Up Comedy show. New Show each week!!
* SHOPPING TRIP: Monday, April 8th~ Must sign up!
* AARP DRIVERS SAFETY COURSE: Tuesday, April 9th at 9:00 a.m. Please call 518-270-5348
* EASTER EGG COLORING: Wednesday, April 10th at 11:00 a.m.
* MAKE ITALIAN EASTER BREAD: Thursday, April 11th at 9:30 a.m.
* SILVER SNEAKERS: Wednesday, April 17th at 9:30 a.m.
Please Call with Any Questions! We look forward to you joining us!
*Please visit our Boutique. It’s open Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 10-2p.m. Next to new clothing for men and women, jewelry and household items. We also accept donations of gently used items.